Tuesday, March 14, 2006

An Important week ahead

Following the publication of my profile in Littlewoods Full House magazine and the sending out of my press release, this week is an important week for me to do well. If people are writing about me then it is important to me to justify that.

Monday started well, although it did not add to the bankroll, in the 15k I defended my big blind (KJ) against an aggressive small blind but ran into pocket rockets and that was the end of that.
I did however qualify for a number of events for later in the week, including the $100k Icebreaker that is being held on Sunday.
This tournament costs 5000 Player points to enter, although they have been running qualifiers for the cost of 200 player points.

As I am not a cash player it has taken me the best part of two months to amass just 200 points and with the final this Sunday, I made it to a qualifier just in time.

As this was my only shot to qualify I had to take it seriously. 178 players entered and only 7 would book a seat in the final. This game took over 2 and half hours, but when the game finished I was sitting comfortably in 3rd place.

Tonight is usually the night I play best (the night of both my 15k wins and my Caribbean qualification)and with the 15k and qualifiers in the LOQ and $600k, I am hoping for some positive results. I am especially keen to book my place in the LOQ final on Saturday, as I have been unable to play in the last two and with just four months to go to the WSOP, I want my seat assured as soon as possible!

See you on the tables
ClintonO

No comments: