Friday, May 12, 2006

Two more money finishes

Dissapointment in my first badbeat team game last night when I ran into Aces with my first hand of the night AK. I finished fourth out of our six players, but not high enough to register any points.
We did have one final table finish, with our star player finishing 7th! So that should keep us right up there.

For me personally, I had my best finish of the month in the £15k, coming 18th and winning £150. Unfortunately I re-raised at the wrong time. Going all in with AT and coming up against Aces again!

I also played the $5k after my recent success in this tournament, I finished 13th with $70 dollars. I was going very well in this tournament for a long while, but failed to really build on it. It emphasised you can have all the patience in the world, but you are never guaranteed a hand. I am not sure what the odds are, but I did not see an Ace, a King, a pair or a suited connector for 62 hands (yes I counted!).

Its a big weekend in store, with the $250k on Littlewoods Bet Direct on Saturday and a World Series ($1k) qualifier on Sunday.

Keep those fingers crossed!
ClintonO

No comments: