Thursday, January 18, 2007

You know its not your night when (part 2) ......

There are seven seats available to major live tournament and you crash out in 8th.

I was playing a tournament for seats at the UKPT at Walsall next month, I had played well all night, disciplined but aggressive poker. I had even folded QQ to all in reraise on the bubble.

Blinds were up at 2,000/4,000 and there was 3 of us on the 20,000 mark. I then pick up pocket sevens and decide the blinds are needed to keep me ahead. The big blind has QQ and I am out. So so annoyed! I did not need to play that hand. Grrrr!

There was some positive news as we had agreed a bubble deal, whereby the person in 8th got £350, however I found no solace in this.

The leaderboard competition is slipping away from me, with no successes last night.
A big big night is needed tonight.

The pressure is now officially on.
ClintonO

4 comments:

jus said...

Hi clint i was wondering ,what you would recommend as the best mtt,s to start of in .I have 15 mths cash game experience and played 30 or 40 stt,s up to $20, $20 would be my max buy in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance jus ps i play on ladbrokes and stars.

jus said...

Hi clint i was wondering ,what you would recommend as the best mtt,s to start of in .I have 15 mths cash game experience and played 30 or 40 stt,s up to $20, $20 would be my max buy in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance jus ps i play on ladbrokes and stars.

Anonymous said...

You folded QQ?? But thats YOUR hand!!! Those ladies obviously didnt like it so they took you out!! Seriously though, bad luck mate but I'm sure your next success is knocking at the door! AB

ClintonO said...

Jus,

Thanks for the post.
Get yourself on Littlewoods, link is attached.
There are some great £20 tournaments on this site, lots of £1.5k and £2k guaranteed thats are very capable of being won.

ClintonO