Wednesday, January 10, 2007

EPT Deauville Cancelled

Terrible news today as we hear than the EPT event in Deauville has been cancelled. This was to be my EPT debut, which will now have to wait.
Possible options are Dortmund or Warsaw. A further option is to stump up the additional E5k and go to Monte Carlo, but the price is a bit steep for me, so it will have to be one of the other two. My preference is for Dortmund at this time.

With event being cancelled, I will try my luck at the UKPT event in Walsall the week before. (15th - 18th Feb)

On the Leadeboard front things improved a little with two top 30 finishes in the 12k and the 4k, but there is still much more work to be done as I languished down the field in 61st.

I made another final table on Sunday night, getting a 5th place finish in the £1.5k, running into AA in the big blind with AK in the small. This at least takes my final table tally up to four in the first week of the year.

I had a comment yesterday about my STT form and the comment was right, my STT record is not good enough. I know exactly why because I do not treat them with the same respect as a MTT and therefore my preparation is wrong.

I played one last night with the right attitude and won in comfortably. If I am going to play these they have to be serious from now on. My record at £50/£60 STTs are good because I treat them right.
From now on its only when I have the proper time to play them.

ClintonO

2 comments:

Bluff2win said...

Hi clinton0, was wondering were i can view the mid monthly leaderboard for littlewoods? I can only see the autumn windfall one which is obviously out of date. I've try the littlewoods poker website but its not their. Only reason i ask is because i finished 16th in the 12k the other night and rarely play it but will give it a go if i have a realistic chance of gaining from the leaderboardh

ClintonO said...

Miles,

Withing the lobby, click links within the menu bar and then Mid-Month Leaderboard.

Clinton