Monday, January 22, 2007

Into the Home Straight.

The leaderboard competition has just 4 days to run and I am currently sitting in 8th place. A Top 3 performance in the £12k this week though, should be enough to secure that so important 2nd place.
I gained some much needed points on Saturday night when reaching the final table of the £8k, by finishing sixth and winning £400.

All in all it is reaching a very interesting climax.

My good friend Desh under one of his 27 alias’ (DESHONDTD) has thrown himself into contention by moving into 3rd which adds a little more spice to the contest.

Last night was a profitable night, although as usual could have been better! I managed a 21st place in the main weekly tournament on Littlewoods – the £40k, which added a little over £300 to the bankroll.
I also played in the Prima network $150k GTD on a platform called Crazy Poker, where I had previously played one freeroll game a year or so ago.
There were 1356 players in this event and five hours on, my pair of eights got busted by a straight on the river to prevent me going into 3rd place and left me crippled going out in 34th. I earned $540 for my troubles, a decent return, but less than the $35k first prize I was eyeing up!

This week my main aim will still be the Leaderboard tournament, although I am going to have one more going at winning this UKPT seat for Walsall.

ClintonO

No comments: