Saturday, February 11, 2006

Was it a fluke?

As soon as I got back from Vegas, I just knew I had to do it again.
Bruce had told me that I should try and qualify for the Caribbean Poker Classic in St.Kitts, as it would be even better than Las Vegas.

I wasn't worried about it being being better, anything that comes close would be awesome.

I needed to qualify for another event to prove to myself that the World Series was not just a fluke.
I started to play a few more games when I got back. I managed 5th place in the 10k tournament (£500) on the 5th August.
I also made a promising start in the CPC qualifiers reaching two final tables finishing 8th and 6th (7th Aug, won £312) when just 3 qualified.

My game was starting to improve quickly.
Then they introduced a Tuesday night Caribbean Qualifier on the 9th August at the cost of $200. It started at 10.45pm and it was by far the most I had ever paid to play. There were 50 players. Only place won a seat. The next morning I received this email.

Dear Clinton,
Congratulations on winning your seat at the Caribbean Poker Classic with Littlewoods Poker !

Imagine all the excitement of first-class poker combined with the beauty, charm and elegance of the Caribbean, complete with endless beaches, emerald green hills and a majestic volcano.

Add a tropical rainforest and breathtaking reefs abundant with sea life and you'll have an idea of what is in store for you on the beautiful island of St. Kitts.

Your $10,000 prize package includes:-
$6,300 buy-in to the Championship Event starting on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
$1,300 for 9 nights accommodation for two at the luxurious St. Kitts Marriott Resort from November 25 to December 3 inclusive (departing December 4)
$1,400 travel allowance deposited to your poker account
$1,000 cash when you register in St. Kitts.

It wasn't a fluke. I could actually play this game!

No comments: