Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome Back The Deacon

Next in our interview list has taken part in 2 wsop main events and is a decent guy to boot.

Welcome back Joe.

1) What have you been up to in the last year?
work, poker, parties

2) Are you still doing the same thing - Bathroom Fitter?
yes, it pays the bills

3) Have you had any big successes in the last year?
just a few wins om £2k gtd, $2k gtd. etc..nothing to write home about...

4) Have you learnt any lessons in the last year?
yes, I am very unlucky..i have an above average proportion of bad beats....

5) How has the world of poker changed over the last 12 months?
I think online poker reached its peak last year and will eventually decline further..I think the future is looking brighter for live poker...

6) Has your approach to poker changed during this time?
I am starting to play less online poker and more pub, home tournaments...

7) Your ambition last year was to win a couple of big professional events and turn professional.Did you get anywhere near this?
No...
Do you have a new ambition?
No, poker will always just be a hobby to me...

8) Are you still playing as TheDeacon on Littlewoods....
yes, I do play on a few other sites under different names....

9) Are you still playing as much poker?
No, I have other ambitions and hobbies which mean less time for poker....

10) You asked for improvements to crypto including free rolls has this happened?-
yes, I am glad to see free rolls on Crypto...Though at $100..I would like to see higher value free rolls..
Whats the biggest improvement required now?
Higher value tournaments and free rolls, although if the decline in online poker happens as I think it may, then this may prove difficult...

11) Anything else you want to tell us?
I have tried to make a living from online poker but my bankroll just can't withstand the disproportional number of bad beats that I have experienced over the years...I therefore will treat poker as a gaming hobby, that it is....see you at the tables

Thanks Joe

ClintonO

No comments: