Thursday, September 06, 2007

Welcome Back --00--

As promised, its a repeat of the interviews from last year.

First up is our mysterious friend who I met in Vegas in 2006. A truly wonderful guy. So Mr --00-- over to you.

1) What have you been up to in the last year?
Well for the most part poker up until mid summer - mainly tournies and with the huge value on Mansion at the start of the year that has been my main playing field
2) Are you still doing the same thing - professional poker player?
Well actually no!! I was offered a job out the blue and much to the surprise of many, I actually accepted it! After playing poker for a living for 18 months and experiencing all the highs and lows, as well as a sore backside sitting down all the time lol, I decided to accept an opportunity that offered many benefits and therefore poker has reverted back to being a lucrative hobby.
3) Have you had any big successes in the last year?
My main ones have been in the Mansion $100k with 6 final tables - 1, 1, 3, 3, 5 and 6 for over $80,000 profit with many other minor placings paying for the entries. Qualifying for the WSOP 2006 Main Event and the inaugural WSOPE 2007 Main Event
4) Have you learnt any lessons in the last year?
Ooooh yes (Churchill style lol) I laid down AA for the first time and it was the correct decision! It's impossible to play a MTT to the best of my ability / capability if multitasking / multitabling. For me if I am in a MTT it demands all my attention.
5) How has the world of poker changed over the last 12 months?
Well we've never had it so good with the GBPT, the GUKPT and now the WSOPE - no longer does a decent live tourney mean jumping on a plane!
6) Has your approach to poker changed during this time?
I have to say yes, as prior to playing fulltime it was all I wanted to do, but having actually done it for a period of time made me realise that as much as I love the game, it is true what they say - you can have too much of a good thing!
7) Your ambition last year was to play with and beat the best of the best of the best SIR!- Did you achieve this? Do you have a new ambition?
LOL that was my favourite Will Smith line from Men In Black that I just popped in last time you did this questionnaire! No, not achieved - busted Julian Thew out of one of the GBPT's and was gunning for Joe Beevers before I got shifted tables, culminating in my demise )-: played with Jennifer Tilly in Vegas but that's about it! New ambition? The same really - play in an win a major event.
8) Are you still playing as --00-- on Littlewoods/Sun
Very rarely actually, not playing anywhere near as much but either on Mansions Sun/Tue tournies (AlexB) or occasionally on Crypto with __alexb__ or Betfair '''0'0'''
9) Well you have given your name away now Alex! Are you still playing as much poker? Already answered that one really - in a word no! But I'm the kind of person who likes frequent change in my lifestyle as I can get bored very easily so no doubt I'll end up swinging back and forth over the coming months / years lol
10) You asked for MPP's for tourney entries and AA to win more than 16%- did you get your wish - what do you want from them next?
Hehe yes the MPP's for tournies was nice to see and as for the AA that too has definitely improved - that stat was only based on about a months play but was absolutely genuine from my PT figures at the time
11) Your top players were ThierryH, 007apr, Sun_Deshi, Noseyboy, Leonarch, Animal, Azimut, ClintonO has this changed?
I will always have the utmost respect for those guys though I seldom play against them these days, though I bump in to Matt (Nosey) now and again playing $2-$5NL and for some strange reason whenever he's at my table I go card dead and tilt like crazy lol
12) Anything else you want to tell us?
I'm really looking forward to playing in the WSOPE next week and hopefully some of the guys named above will be there too, so just remember to stay off me blinds (-: And to answer the question "Why take a job?" - security for my family, cheaper mortgage, pension, and it seemed like a good idea at the time (-:

Thanks Alex, all the best in the WSOPE next week, please let us know how you get on.

ClintonO

No comments: