Sunday, July 06, 2008

Day 6 - Congratulations to UriG

Once again a member of the party performs well. UriG taking home $8500 for 2nd place in the 304 runner $200 at the Orleans. Very well done indeed. They took a chop with 3 remaining.

I played in this tournament for 5 and a half hours and 8 levels. I never got a pair or an ace with a better kicker than a ten, so it was a real grind. I played well enough, fighting and scrapping for every chip I could get. With 80 players left and the blinds shooting up to 600/1200, holding 8k, I moved from the button with QT, small blind has JJ, AK4, board give me 2 more outs to the three kings, the turn was a King giving me 3 more aces as outs, but the river was another King.

I felt I played a lot better today and will have one last stab tomorrow in the $500 at Caesars. Tonight however belongs to UriG, a fantastic performance. He had just less than me with 80 left, so it just goes to show what can be done.

So far it is just me letting the side down! Tomorrow is a big day.

I would also like to say another well done to Dave 'Dog' Duncan from our Poccer Player team, who won a satellite into the main event yesterday, I wish him all the best today!

ClintonO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CHAPS IN VEGAS! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE BUSINESS.

FISHMAC

P.S DOG, WIN THE MAIN EVENT AND YOU CAN BUY ME THAT COCKTAIL YOU OWE ME!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys having great time! Very Jealous.

Looking forward to Poccer and hopefully a Bullens Bullets revival.

You there for a while yet?

Ian